Seed Saving Workshop Announced!
I’m pleased to say that I’ll be hosting a beginner level seed saving workshop, hosted by the Richfield community garden in Edmonton, Ab! There’ll be lots of information and hand outs provided to those who come, and lots of questions answered. I’ll be going over the most common (and maybe a few uncommon) edible plants to save seeds from, along with demonstrations.
The topics will include:
- Specifics of saving seeds for different edible plants
- The difference between heirloom, open pollinated, and hybrid plants
- Modes of pollination, and how it affects your seed saving
- How to store your seeds for the short term and long term
- …plus any questions people may have!
Location: Richfield Community Garden (pipeline right-of-way at 86 St & 36A Ave)*
Cost: $5 requested donation, 100% of proceeds going to the Richfield Community Garden
Date: July 27th, 2-3pm.
*In the case of inclimate weather, the workshop will be located indoors at 19 Keegano NW, the Keegano Housing Co-Op community hall.
Please RSVP to k (at) populuxe (dot) ca if you wish to attend
Hope to see you there!
Thanks to Sustainable Food Edmonton and the Richfield Community Garden for support.